When you mix a passion for motorsport with a passion for databases, the result will look somewhat like this website. Over the years I’ve been attending and reporting on many motorsport events, mostly Ferrari or classic car related. Furthermore I’m an avid collector of Ferrari books and have a weak spot for data collections. This website aims to be the cross-reference of all this; what car was at what event and where are the reports published?
The first steps for this labour of love were made in 1998 on dacorsa.net and over the years more and more information was gathered, compiled, cross-referenced and interpolated. Putting it all online within the new technical structure at dacorsa.com will take several more months, while the big picture will never be finished. Every little piece of help is always greatly appreciated, each chassis-number or any other detail will help filling the plethora of blanks.
A few people however, I would like to thank in particular:
- Henk J. Brouwer and Kjell Linthout; for the thousands of km’s and many precious memories we shared travelling to various car events
- Hugo Garritsen and Jean-Louis Bezemer; for confirming I’m certainly not the only carbook-nut
- Marcel Massini; for raising the bar on Ferrari historians and for generously sharing his time and wealth of Ferrari knowledge
- Keith G. Bluemel; for his inspiration and friendly coaching in the early years
- Niels F. Schouten; for lending me many of his precious magazines and for the endless conversations on Ferrari books
- Kerry Chesbro; for providing me with the scans of the unobtainables
.. any many other photographers, carbook collectors and other tifosi I’ve met over the years
Enjoy and share the passion
Edwin van Nes, The Netherlands